Sales Manager – Hudson, OH Full Time
Primary Responsibilities of the Sales Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Work with strategic suppliers to develop sales initiatives to achieve defined goals
- Lead a team of inside and outside sales representatives as a manager, leader and mentor; manage team performance against quotas and sales forecasts; execute operating plans and ensure sales objectives are met
- Lead and participate in training on products and applications
- Direct sales responsibility managing accounts & geography
- Drive revenue and contribute to the continued growth through consistently achieving individual and team quotas
- Monitor daily activity of sales representatives including targeting specific customers to achieve objectives and manage sales support activities
- Establish and report on metrics to measure performance of the inside sales activities; correct deficiencies where necessary
- Interact with senior management recommending courses of action to further enhance sales
- Prepare periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion
- Review and analyze sales performances against programs, quotes and plans to determine effectiveness
- Maintain customer relationships and lead negotiations and closing deals
- Direct marketing strategies and implement programs to enhance APO presence in market
- Ensure effective control of sales, results, and takes action to guarantee that achievement of sales objectives falls within designated budgets
- Monitor competitor products, sales and marketing activities
- Establish and maintain relationships with industry influencers and key strategic partners
- Coordinate liaison between sales department and other sales related units
Qualifications of the Sales Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Prior experience with Industrial Sales
- Must be market and industry connected
- Proven ability to meet sales goals
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (written and verbal) and provide recommendations for sales growth
- Experience utilizing CRM to drive sales growth
- Ability to work both independently or within a team
- Excellent organization, prioritization and time management skills
- Effective analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Critical thinker
- Must possess a valid driver's license for a minimum of 12 months with an acceptable driving record according to company guidelines
- (5+) years experience and knowledge applying and selling industrial equipment
Physical Demand: Must be able to lift up 50lbs.
Working Conditions: Office and manufacturing environment
Training/Certifications: Industrial pump and their application certifications preferred.
Shift Time/Overtime: Standard business hours
Travel: Mainly local travel to customer job sites and between APO offices; No regular overnight travel.
Education: Bachelors degree preferred
DXP is always looking for individuals who want to join a team of employees who have the desire to achieve remarkable accomplishments together.
The culture of the organization is supportive and goal oriented with high expectations, yet it is an environment where the team spirit inspires everyone to do their best.
All DXP employees play a vital part in the organization and are treated with respect.
By applying to DXP, you will have the opportunity to speak with some of the most respected professionals in the industry.
DXP offers a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending, 401(k), paid holidays, Life and Disability Insurance, and additional supplemental products. EOE/M/F/D/V