Aftermarket Sales Representative – Columbus, OH
The Aftermarket Sales Representative will be responsible to increase APO Pumps & Compressors “Linkage” with specific accounts. Business relationships are built by providing customers recommendations on improving the reliability and maintenance of their current compressed air and pump systems. Success is measured with new account penetration and sales growth.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages all aspects of the Aftermarket Sales process including maintenance contracts, quoting and selling repairs, as well as new customer acquisition, and customer retention.
- Prepares and sends product specifications and quotation packages to customers.
- Makes follow-up calls, responds to customer inquiries.
- Maintains contact with customers before, during and after each sale to ensure customer satisfaction and to ensure responsiveness to customer needs.
- Travels daily within assigned territory to customer locations when necessary.
- Works closely with Aftermarket Sales Manager and Sales Engineers within their individual territories.
- Promotes the company’s culture and values.
Qualifications, Education and Experience
Necessary and desirable qualifications include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Strong inter-personal (people) skills with good aptitude to understand technical processes and mechanical systems.
- Work ethic – do whatever it takes to delight the customer.
- Strong verbal, written and electronic communication skills.
- Ability to relate well to all types and levels of people normally employed by industrial manufacturing companies.
- Ability to quickly determine the customer’s immediate and ongoing needs and then develop a successful sales strategy that generates an increasing revenue and profit stream to APO Pumps & Compressors.
- Communicate internally at APO to ensure that our customers’ needs/requirements are clearly understood and met whenever possible.
- Be proficient at Microsoft Windows software products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Utilize Zoho CRM software to track sales opportunities, close rates and manage client installation data.
- Excellent time management skills needed.
- Must have current driver’s license and clean driving record.
- BA/BS degree preferred but not required.
- 2+ years of face-to-face selling experience (preferably in the industrial market)
This position is Monday thru Friday. Workweeks are generally 40 hours, though some overtime or nontraditional hours may be necessary, particularly to meet sales needs.
The Aftermarket Sales Responsibilities will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines. While performing the duties of this job, they may be required to stand, walk, and sit. Frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations can be made to employees with qualified disabilities who can perform the essential functions of the job, so long as there is no undue hardship created upon the organization or other employees within the organization.
Territory (Ohio Counties)
Occasional, minimal guidance, but follows established work methods.
This job description is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of the job and the general nature and level of work performed within this job. However, this job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, qualifications or physical demands associated with the position.
In order to apply for any position with APOPC it's required you download the form on this page and fill it out completely and accurately and send it back to us.
Once completed you can upload your application form to:
[gravityform id="8" title="false" description="false"]